EJIBOLA FOR CITY COUNCIL
Hello Grande Prairians, my name is Ejibola Adetokunbo-Taiwo (please feel free to call me Ejibola – A . G . BO . LA). It’s now official, I’m in the running to serve on Grande Prairie City Council with election taking place October 18th 2021. This is my personal page intended to let you know who I am, my vision/platform as City Council, campaign updates, how you can connect with me, and how you can work along with me pre-election. This web page will continue to run post-election, that way, we can all continue to work together in building a Connected, Transparent, Entrepreneurial and Inclusive City. Feel free to walk around this website to get to know me better, don’t leave this website without visiting these pages below:
Quick Platform Summary:
Some of the priorities that I’m bringing to Council to make the City of Grande Prairie attractive and desirable, a place where people feel connected, heard, supported, and accomplished (and which falls under my platform’s 4 pillars) are:
- Making sure our budget is kept low (but no cuts to essential services) and ensuring the budget aligns with level of inflation
- Attract more investment (investors) into the city to help with revenue (rather than increase taxes) and throw in some value-added benefits to keep the investments here for long-term
- Create health sector initiatives that can help attract, retain and keep health professionals
- Workforce attraction masterplan (how can we attract and retain the best talents; how can we keep households that earn higher than average income within the city)
- Social, recreational, and wellness of the community (this comes with initiatives that can help reduce homelessness, suicide prevention, good use of sport and social facilities, and more festivals to help preserve arts, culture and heritage)
- Have a clear asset management plan (that details a full list of all city of Grande Prairie assets/facilities/infrastructure, asset lifespan, asset maintenance schedule, asset replacement plan, asset sustainable plan, asset energy savings plan, asset usage details etc.)
- Reducing the number of streets engaged residents (beyond providing food, shelter, and making them feel safe; how do we make them belong and to also contribute to the community in their own little way)
- Open dialogue/communication (listening to understand) with some empathy (ability to walk in someone else’s shoes; the recognition that someone else’s experience has value, too)
- Improve the quality of life for people living with disabilities (accessible transportation and access to recreational activities)
- Advocate for accessible, affordable, high-quality child care that works for the City of Grande Prairie parents and the choices they make for their families.
- Adequate funding for seniors in areas of homecare. It is highly important that we pay attention to our Senior Citizens who have paved way for us to get to where we are today. Functional homecare with basis health benefits is very important and necessary.
- Covid is real and the vaccines work. Every measure to reduce transmission and to save one more life is of priority to me.
I’d love to hear from you about questions you might have for me or additional information you would like to see here. Send me your thoughts here and I’d be glad to respond back to you as soon as I can.
For questions you might have in regards to City operations, I’d encourage you to please visit the City’s website as they have detailed information and to avoid duplication here; please click this link to take you to the City of Grande Prairie website www.cityofgp.com
There would be several updates and virtual events coming up over the next few months – You do not want to miss out of those, please subscribe below to receive email notifications in regards to upcoming virtual meetings/events/election updates. NOTE: The email address you enter below will ONLY be used for the purpose of this election and post-election updates. You email will never be shared or used for purposes beyond the 2021 municipal election.
Follow me also on my social media platforms:
linkedIn – Ejibola Adetokunbo-Taiwo
Instagram – @ejibolaa
Twitter – ejibolaa
Facebook – Ejibola Adetokunbo-Taiwo
Watch Election info from the City of Grande Prairie (Click link below)
Subscribe to Receive Updates on my Campaign